Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried using the AirScarf, but it has never gone on (got it 6 weeks ago but haven't had time to go through the manual). I've now read the instructions, seems pretty simple, but still no dice. Anything stupid I'm missing?

Also, I'd assume one can have seat heat while the top is down? The seat heaters work great (best ones I've ever had) when the top is up. Perhaps the 2 could be related?

Thanks for your time. I have an '06 SLK55 AMG

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Morning

The heaters / airscarf work woth the roof up or down

Whats showing on the 3 LED's on the Airscarf switch when you try to use it - the LED's may blink a number of times for example

Nothing blocking the neck vents ?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning

The heaters / airscarf work woth the roof up or down

Whats showing on the 3 LED's on the Airscarf switch when you try to use it - the LED's may blink a number of times for example

Nothing blocking the neck vents ?

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply - it is not forgotten, been busy finishing with the sale of one of our previous vehicles (CLK320).

I double checked, and I get nothing -- zip zero. As soon as the convertible top is engaged the heated seats turn off and whether they were on and off before turning on the top the airscarf never blinks a light, nor does the seat-heat. I'm a bit baffled as there are no codes etc. to try to investigate. I guess it's time to look up the parts diagram to see how the two might relate.

Any help is appreciated :)

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
They're all linked vian CANBUS

The airscraft (and I think the seat heaters too, but I only read up on Airscarf as I've done the retrofit) behave differently with the roof down. Signals from the windows, roof and car for speed all come into play when deciding what the airscarf has to do.

It's going to need hooking up to DAS, so a dealer or Indy trip needed

Function schematic attached so you can see what talks to what

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.