Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just installed a new 010 pump and needswings iso kit a week ago. I ran the car for about 3 hours afterword and then closed the valves when I got home. I went out this weekend and after I took off onto the freeway (when i did this acceleration was fast as normal). After that, I would step on the gas and I would have little to no power. So I checked my IAT's and they were steady at about 194 F up to 212 f. and the supercharger would shut off. Now, I am wondering if that is air in the IC lines from the work I had done? If it is in fact air in the lines how do I get it out (i have reopened the valves now)? Could it also be a bad IC pump even though the 010 is brand new? and how can i test that its working?

TIA,
Wislk32

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
2,011 Posts
Hi,

I have no experience of the M112 V6 Kompressor, but the M113 V8 Kompressor definitely suffers from Air in the IC system.

So do the V12 TT's.

The fix for both of these Engines is to install a decent IC Coolant Header Tank that enables them to self bleed, the problem is made worse after Pump upgrades and tuning work, the bigger header tank eliminates this :wink:

Mercedes actually modded these Engines in later Cars, so if you are anal like me you can actually bu a genuine MB Header Tank and parts to fit it :grin:

Although this is V12 specific, you may find this useful :-

https://mbworld.org/forums/m275-v12-bi-turbo-platform/626110-m279-improvements-backward-compatibility.html

HTH, Cheers Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts