Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
* - From Cape May, NJ, USA
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new slk280 owner I've been enjoying and learning from all your posts. One issue I was looking at was the mesh draught stop that I was totally dissatisfied with. I liked the MB plexi option but knew it would be costly or had to have patience to source used. Looked at various aftermarket but had concerns about most. I happened to come across a r172 thread that had a picture of The "Air Blade Mini" with good reviews and I liked the look and fit, but the link referred me to a site "Simply R172", apparently started by owners and focused on 172s. But expanding my investigation I saw they now had expanded their line to 171s with the original mini model and a larger one. In the original post a SLK world member was concerned about shipping costs to the US as they weren't mentioned but it now seemed like it was free. I wanted to confirm so I sent an email and they confirmed it was a Black Friday special. And they said they also had a Holiday discount code of "Black20" for an additional 20% off. I figure I can't go wrong at this price for what looks like a nice alternative. I have no affiliation whatsoever and I would have waited to post until I tried it out, except for the holiday discount and free worldwide shipping.. Now at AirBlade dot Online. I hope this doesn't violate any rules, just was excited about the holiday deal. If it does just delete.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
30,663 Posts
Well within rules. Others may well be interested.

Reactions: Col

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
172 Thread with some pictures.

also I just found their Facebook page with info on the Holiday deal, runs through December 6th.
Apparently, this new 171 version was just announced October 25.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the large one. I went with the Mini. I liked the absolutely clean look. It seemed to be effective from the SLK World reviews on the 172. I know it could be different without the airguides I guess, but I'll take the chance and I'll review it once I have the opportunity.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
3,578 Posts
I have one and very pleased with it, next to no turbulence and a crystal clear rearview.

·
* Registered
2005 SLK 200K R171 - 65000 miles
7 Posts
... I went with the Mini. I liked the absolutely clean look. It seemed to be effective from the SLK World reviews on the 172. I know it could be different without the airguides I guess, but I'll take the chance and I'll review it once I have the opportunity.
Did you have time to test the Air Blade mini and is it as effective as the R171 OEM wind screen deflector?

·
Super Moderator (UK)
30,663 Posts
Wouldn't mind to get hold of a MB one
Keep an eye on the parts for sale section.
We get a couple per year, but they sell quick.

Make sure you get all of the parts (ignore X on this pic). Should also have a storage bag, but a lot do not.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you have time to test the Air Blade mini and is it as effective as the R171 OEM wind screen deflector?
I have not received it yet. It was shipped promptly and arrived at JFK air but sort of stalled a bit there. I might have it by the weekend or early next week. I did see a post under "what did you do to your SLK today" from another member that just got one and gave it a good review and posted a pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts