Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I was at a drive in eating place and use the adjustable steering wheel for the first time in a long time.Last week the SRS light came own.I took it to my repair shop and they cleared the codes and light came back on after 2 days.Called them and they said because it came back on I would have to see a dealer as they were the only ones with the code to fix the light.Went to Hendrick MB in Charlotte NC and they said they put my car through a muti-inspection and came up with engine code after connecting SDS and found code 4-064.Told me they could not turn engine light off unless I bought a new air-bag at a cost of 2,500 before labor.I was sitting in the service room which has a large window where you can see your car being worked on.I only seen him lift my hood,plug in the reader,take it out.this took about a hour and yet they claim it had a muliti point inspection!!That was B-**** because I was watching him.Paid 130.00 and left very upset.Is this code going to cause any major problems?They said no but I don't believe them!If not i can live with the light on because I can cover that up.Should I worry about this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.