Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi SLK World,

I've been pointed in this direction a few times, mostly after bashing silly questions and keywords into Google... so I figured I might as well sign up.

I recently bought a clean 04 SLK 230 Kompressor, only just broken in at 30k miles.
Prior to this I've been a mostly underwhelmed 4x4 driver. Lugging around unnecessary weight in what now feels like a flying sofa had gotten pretty stale.

A friend of mine recently purchased a Chrysler Crossfire and was kind enough to let me have my way with it for a short time. Impressive as it is I didn't resonate with the Crossfire and thought it had a few too many freaky lines in it... though it did turn me on to the idea of buying a hard drop-top 2 seater.
My only absolute motoring requirement is an autobox, after clumsily leaving one of my legs behind on a lads holiday in the middle east and consequently losing my manual license.
Regrettable, however rolling with the punches still left me with lots of great automatic options.

After some research I discovered that the Crossfire is built on R170 donor engineering. I checked out a couple of R170 and R171 examples and quickly learned to love the series as a whole. It has everything I like in a roadster but without my personal turn-offs present on the other current offerings; Z4's, MX5 and so on.
I look forward to talking with members here and picking your brains.

Anyway, this is my car. I've made some shameless changes and and plan on making more serious upgrades once I get to know the vehicle. Right now however I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Thanks for having me,

Chris

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator
14,077 Posts
Welcome from Lakeland, Florida USA.

·
AND MABEL
14,214 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

Great intro, enjoy your purchase. :tu:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
11,254 Posts
Hi Chris, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

Your car looks great - find 2 more pics and enter our free Ride of the Month competition, here (before the 15th of the month):
http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/387250-october-2016-slkworld-com-ride-month-competition.html

We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time. If you're interested in joining us sometime, just keep an eye on the UK Region section, as we post meeting plans there! :tu:

There's a summary post that I maintain for all UK meets here, and links to examples and pictures from this year's past meets are available here.

Finally, we've also just started plotting where our UK members are - check out the thread for that here: SLKWorld UK & Ireland Members and Meeting Points Map

Thank you
Dave

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK 55 AMG
11,306 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,902 Posts
Welcome from Canada :grin:

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Much appreciated.

I debadged it yesterday for the sake of cleaner black lines... and this morning I'm getting ready to prep a new VMAX bonnet and wings. I hope this gives it an edge, in addition to a slight lightening; without being too ostentatious. Overdoing it on these cars seems all too easy.

Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts