Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know we took part in the recent meeting and drive in Malibu to welcome easty to the west coast. The day with the other people was great. The drive home up I-5 though the agriculture regions was beautiful. We were very tired when we arrived home so we just parked in the garage had dinner and went to bed.
This am went out to unload and wow Cruzer was covered in bugs:td: took me 1/2 hour to wash the windshield another 2 hours to clean the front air dam and grill's. Will do the tires and wheels tommorrow.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
that's not too bad...we got a ticket for speeding (85 in a 65) and i KNOW we weren't because there was traffic going at 60 mph...and i was behind a beat up car for the last 5 miles in the center lane, and i was watching our speed. plus the cop gave me a ticket for no front license plate. The cop also looked over my entire car looking for things to ticket (looked under the car) Kandy and I both agree the cop singled us out just to give us a hard time. She was driving, and i was laying down in the passenger seat, and the cop made us get off the freeway and take several turns into a dark alley, instead of onto a large well lit street with light traffic that was just off the freeway. honestly, i suspect the cop would have tried to take advantage of the situation (young girl in a roadster driving by herself). And he only looked at the car after he saw me sit up in the seat.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
just for the record, i have nothing against cops, i believe they are just like other people (some good, some bad) but they've got a much tougher job. However, that also means the bad ones have more ways to abuse their power.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
As you know we took part in the recent meeting and drive in Malibu to welcome easty to the west coast. The day with the other people was great. The drive home up I-5 though the agriculture regions was beautiful. We were very tired when we arrived home so we just parked in the garage had dinner and went to bed.
This am went out to unload and wow Cruzer was covered in bugs:td: took me 1/2 hour to wash the windshield another 2 hours to clean the front air dam and grill's. Will do the tires and wheels tommorrow.
The drive north through the San Joaquin Valley is usually met with a lot of bugs on Hwy 5 because of farms on each side of the road. At least they come off with bug and tar remover (just let it soak for about 5 minutes), then wash.

that's not too bad...we got a ticket for speeding (85 in a 65) and i KNOW we weren't because there was traffic going at 60 mph...and i was behind a beat up car for the last 5 miles in the center lane, and i was watching our speed. plus the cop gave me a ticket for no front license plate. The cop also looked over my entire car looking for things to ticket (looked under the car) Kandy and I both agree the cop singled us out just to give us a hard time. She was driving, and i was laying down in the passenger seat, and the cop made us get off the freeway and take several turns into a dark alley, instead of onto a large well lit street with light traffic that was just off the freeway. honestly, i suspect the cop would have tried to take advantage of the situation (young girl in a roadster driving by herself). And he only looked at the car after he saw me sit up in the seat.
Sorry to hear. Your car does attract attention.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I don't have the problem of seeing bugs on my car, the rest of the dirt makes sure of that. ;)

And you wonder why we call them Pigs... there are good one's, but the previous guy they gave a ticket too didn't think so?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eddy:
didn't see a sign that said they grew bugs --- oranges,nuts,cotton,etc but no bugs -- even saw one that grew fresh fudge -- but no bugs --- think I should inform the California visitors bureau ? lol
Actually used Meg---rs Quik Detailer works excellent took sooo loong because of all the nooks and crannies those bugs get everywhere.

Tom;
Thanks for the happy face -- I needed that

·
Registered
27 Posts
Edward, I'm very sorry that Kandy got a ticket.
FPF422, I do not know what it is like in Belgium, but some wonderful policemen SAVED MY LIFE. I whole heartedly disagree with your statement that most cops are scum. I have met many and they are some of the most caring people I know. Let's face it, they risk their lives everyday to save ours. 1 in 50 are terrible odds; here in the U.S. I would say that there is 1 bad one for every 5,000 good ones.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Eddy:
didn't see a sign that said they grew bugs --- oranges,nuts,cotton,etc but no bugs -- even saw one that grew fresh fudge -- but no bugs --- think I should inform the California visitors bureau ? lol....
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: What would civilized life be like without law enforcement. Let's be fair. I give them a BIG :tu: for a tough job. Most are dedicated professionals. Every profession has it's share of rotten apples. The word "hero" is applied everyday to undeserving individuals. Fire fighters, like police officers, military, etc., are highly trained and mostly well compensated for the tough, potentially dangerous jobs they choose.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bugs and dirt, means you were having fun. Ticket, well not so fun. As a former State Trooper and a current Medical helicopter pilot, I see daily the results of driving errors. It is not pretty. With some of my toys, I enjoy pushing the long pedal down but when we do that we are accepting the resposibility for the outcome. 99% of the time everything goes fine but that 1% can changes lives forever. As far as good/bad cops, I have met some that should not be in law enforcement. They are few and far between. They are all human. Speed detection devices are only as good as the operator and errors are made. That is why we have the courts. Granted, the officers testimony carries alot of weight and they tend to win. 7 years+ as a trooper and I had 3 people tell the truth when I asked the speed they were driving, they got warnings, all others got pink slips. I'm done preachin now. Please all, drive careful, I have plenty of job security.:Beer:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Cruzer is cleaned up and is going out this Sat for another run.
From Sacto to Navato over to Point Reyes then up highway 1 to Occidental ( some nice curves ) then back highway 12 to I 80 and home.
Should be a nice day --- will start another thread and post any pics that come out and let everybody know about the bugs through the wine country

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.