Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 SLK350 with the Harmon Kardon system. I purchased a Pioneer APPradio and a connect2 dash kit, but now I am looking for the appropriate Steering Wheel Control items.

I have looked all over and found what I thought would work, but it says " Doesnt work with Car, but does work with radio " I'm not sure what that means.

Not sure if I can put a URL here, But here I will try. . .
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIPS/PAC-SWI-PS.html?tp=3405&tab=other_items

I realize the the Audio Gateway will require a copper by pass, Now I'm just stuck on the SWC interface. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and also I hope I have posted in the right spot.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Making an assumption

That no one else has endevoured to install SWC for Fiber equiped SLK?

This was the response I got from Crutchfield:-(

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the Crutchfield web site.

Works with radio but now with car means that the steering wheel interface is compatible with the aftermarket stereo you are looking at but it isn't compatible with the vehicle's wiring when it comes to interfacing with the steering wheel controls.

I checked your vehicle and it doesn't look as if we have an interface that will work with your steering wheel controls. I wish I bad better news for you.

Thanks again for your e-mail. Please let me know whenever you need anything else.

Ozzy
Crutchfield Advisor
[email protected]
http://www.crutchfield.com
1-800-388-2911 ext 4019

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey - sure - controller will work fine - but you will have to make up a custom harness as all the copper connections are sitting down in the passenger footwell.

The *only* company I've seen that will custom make a harness is Kabel Daviko.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.