Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone fitted aftermarket LED tail lights in the UK, and how did you get around what I would imagine is an issue with the fog light being on the wrong side for UK MOT regulations?

Thanks,

Tony

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
There are fog "lamps" (LEDs on the aftermarket ones) on both sides. The car decides which one to light up based on programming.

Which ones are you getting?

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
One side rear fog lamp

There are fog "lamps" (LEDs on the aftermarket ones) on both sides. The car decides which one to light up based on programming.
I have always preferred teh symmetry of two fog lights.
I'm sure there are good arguments why one is better, but it always looks to me like a bulb is blown when the symmetry is lost.

Has anyone managed to bypass the logic of teh car, and get both lamps lit at once?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
One click in Star Diag enables both! :)

I have always preferred teh symmetry of two fog lights.
I'm sure there are good arguments why one is better, but it always looks to me like a bulb is blown when the symmetry is lost.

Has anyone managed to bypass the logic of teh car, and get both lamps lit at once?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're Eagle Eyes ones, ordered via Germany - haven't had a chance to look inside them yet. Thanks for the helpful replies so far.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Excellent; I shall put away my reel of wire and start to look at the software route.
Star Diag; Merc dealers only, or include diagnostic at indy?
A good MB Indy will have a basic Star Diag system, an excellent one will know how to use it in 'Developer Mode'.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I fitted LED rear lights a couple of years ago and can confirm that only the offside fog light comes on. Got them through Ebay, can't remember the seller but do know they were shipped from Tiawan. Good quality and still working!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.