Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Registered
2004 SLK200
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I replaced normal H7 bulbs with an aftermarket HID set on a W211 (E-Klasse). I want to do the same thing on R171, but this time I want to go bi-xenon. I'm extremaly happy with the W211 conversion, but I think that the HID lamps are not reaching full power fast enough (they need a couple seconds) to be used in high beam. It's OK for low beam as I have them on all the time, but it's a deal breaker for the high beams. Are out there any happy users with aftermarket bi-xenons? I'm looking for opinions and possibly recommendations.

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Pretty sure the standard Bi-Xenons are the shutter type, with the shutter in the lamp/bulb assembly

Might be worth checking out the Spyder aftermarket lights ....

Reactions: racing_green

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Do you mean retrofitting OEM BiXenon or actually installing an aftermarket solution?

If you just want *any* form of BiXenon I would go with OEM hardware. The hardware can be had used for a reasonable price. Otherwise, Sean has made a good recommendation with the SPYDER BiXenon light housings. The main concern I would have with a true BiXenon retrofit would be the absence of headlight cleaners which in some countries are required by law in BiXenon installations.

IMHO, just fit HID lights to your halogen projectors. I will be likely doing the same once I complete my move to the US.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.