Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he decided to go another way to check out some land for his dad. Now the drive from my house to said BBQ shack has probably 15 miles of 4 lane wide open nothing but road kill and shacks till you hit my little town. This road is main causeway between Charlotte and back cities in Columbia..... So away I go in my jitney ready to cruise. Now if ya'll ever saw that show "Are You Faster Than A Redneck" it's filmed at Kershaw Motor Speedway not too terribly far from my house. Seems this weekend there was a filmin and racin on the agenda and all I saw all the way home was Audi's on trailers and BMW M3's in my way. Now it seems 1 BMW M3 in particular had a street race on his mind...with me...all the way home. Finally I gave and I was game. Kid didn't know what he was in for. So at the Exxon redlight we nailed it....And I left him in the dirt!R)....for about 1/2 or more miles till my K40 radar went off just a screechin!! I backed off and Mr BMW flew past me. I guess Mr BMW didn't have radar and thought his car was on fire!!!.....until he passed the State Patrol sitting in the Ford dealers entrance. Next thing I saw was Mr BMW pulled over by Mr State patrol blue lights a flashing. All I could do was smile and wave.

Ya'll come back now ya hear.........

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Gotta love radar detectors, but knowing where troopers routinely set up is a great advantage. Our local state troopers use the same places without fail and almost never do rolling enforcement. I think it has a lot to do with safety and stealth.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I passed the usual spot where they sat and yep they were sitting there. Normally they stay wayyyyy out past city limits so I figured we were safe. HMMMM not this time.

Not too long after that my husband finally fessed up and told me he got a speeding ticket in Shelby....and he has radar in his truck! DUUUHHH~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts