Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking to change my whip aerial for the R170 one (part no A1708200675) I don't really like the midi aerial for the R171 so I want to use the shorter one. I have read as much as I can find on doing this including the reception mod which I will be doing. My question as I probably missed it is does the shorter aerial have the same thread and base diameter and simply screw on to the original base on the car?. Thanks.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,943 Posts
yes it does. just use the antenna tool that came with your car to remove it or use a pair of pliers with a cloth wrapped around the antenna and remove :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,943 Posts
I had the shorty on my previous 2005 SLK 350. bought the r170 antenna from mb parts. at that time it was $68

i never modified the antenna and it worked great with the SmartTop and unlocking from great distance. I had Sirius so did not use AM/FM.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where does one find said antenna tool? Did not come with my new mid length I just received and not in with the manuals or any of the storage boxes in the car.
Barring I find it I guess can just use pair of pliers or an adjustable wrench while I hold the base on the fender and I assume "lefty loosey or righty tighty apply". No SLK specific surprises?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,943 Posts
antenna tool goes missing very quickly after buying car or not having it to start
use a washcloth/microfiber and a pair of pliers

yes standard loosening rules :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.