Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any information on the correct drive cycle procedures? I just cleared some codes and want to get all the monitors ready again. Previously they were all set but I had a CEL for o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 circuit. Isnt that the one on the exhaust manifold? I also have exhaust comingnthrough my vents? What should I expect? Im going put in on a jack this weekend but how are these at 150,000 miles?

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
Any information on the correct drive cycle procedures? I just cleared some codes and want to get all the monitors ready again. Previously they were all set but I had a CEL for o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 circuit. Isnt that the one on the exhaust manifold? I also have exhaust comingnthrough my vents? What should I expect? Im going put in on a jack this weekend but how are these at 150,000 miles?
explain a couple of things for my naive brain. what do you mean by "drive cycle procedures"? which "monitors" are you referring to? the cars computers?

There is only one bank of exhaust on the 230, meaning sensor 1 is the first one just leaving the engine before the catalytic converter.

If you have exhaust coming through the vents, then that means you have a bad exhaust leak somewhere... did the O2 sensor fall out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No its not an exhaust leak. I think its some steaming coolant fluid or a bad cabin filter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The drive cycle is what the manufacturers use to set the monitors. The exact steps it takes to set them. So you dont have to keep driving. For bmw it can be done in 11 miles supposedly but people drive around for 200 trying to get them to set. I know the bmw one really good. I set the last few on the way to the smog station.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,142 Posts
I looked for the preFL drive cycle a year ago with no success. Three or four cold starts with 20 minutes of two-lane highway driving each seemed to do it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.