Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.....bought a breakered OEM steering wheel for my model year with a view to getting it re-covered / customed. (Great Christmas present!) ?

Swapping out my original steering wheel for the covered one.

Question: will my ORIGINAL air bag module slot straight into the breakered / re-covered steering wheel with no issues or throwing codes?

I know the air bag modules are a separate piece. I bought the steering wheel without the centre air bag module because I want to use my original one.

See what I'm trying to achieve? Should work in theory, right?

Any one done it? Thoughts? Theories?

Ta muchly,

Jo ?

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
If the old and new wheel are ethe same design, then yes, the airbag can be swapped over ..

Reactions: clown

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
.. and remember to disconnect the battery before working on the airbags!!

Reactions: clown

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Feel better now I have your reassurances. ?

BTW.... @Seanhump....I'm from Notts.

Planning on driving the girl over there from Germany at Christmas.

Stopping at friends' in London then up to parents' in Worksop. We'll wave on the way by ?

You're all clever devils. Thanks,
Jo

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
As Sean said, no problem so long as the battery's off whilst you do the swap, btw you'll need a good quality 10mm allen bit and socket wrench to get the holding screw/bolt loose, they can be pretty tight !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.