Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
MB Navigation updates are pricey but the 2011 R171 I recently got has never been updated since purchased new in 2010.
All googles lead to same US Website (mb.navigation.com) on which brand new NTG2.5 Comand 2017 (V15.0) DVDs just came out and on sale for $199 US + free US shipping or $30 US to Canada.
I checked at my local MB dealer and they don't have it in the system (they're selling last year's version for $309 Cdn). Of course, I'm eager to update after 7 years (car was mostly stored for 6 years).

Question: If Canadians update navigation, where do you get it - local dealer or from this US website? I'm not eager to pay $30 US for shipping but may not have a choice if local dealers don't have it. Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,518 Posts
Don't particularly care for MB onboard nav. I use garmin with free updates for as long as the unit survives. Don't understand why they charge (and charge sooooo much) (other than the fact it's a captive audience and they can).

Only issue I have is where to place the unit while driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garmin is way easier on my other cars and free updates as you say. The 2010 MB Navigation isn't too bad but awkward to use compared to Garmin. I am willing to give the 2017 update a try, hoping it will be a good improvement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone interested in Navigation update, the MB dealer has 2017 update DVDs; took about 90 minutes to install.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,518 Posts
Irrelevant response by me so deleted by me :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts