Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on here recently what with all the Xmas shopping etc but am back and getting used to this new layout forum on my Android device. One thing that is really annoying me is all the adverts. Is there a way of getting rid of them? Apologies if this has been asked before but could not see an up to date response.

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
623 Posts
Think you will find you cannot have one - a forum - without the other - adverts. The adverts are the income for the company providing the forum.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,481 Posts
Premium members get ad free viewing. The forum gets a one off payment to compensate for the loss of ad revenue.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Super Moderator (UK)
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,050 Posts
That's funny - I'm suprised, as a premium member, to see adverts anywhere in my feed. I just carried out a search on the forum and the search results had an Amazon advert down the right hand side - with Amazon results for my search query! Is this another feature?

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
17,045 Posts
That's funny - I'm suprised, as a premium member, to see adverts anywhere in my feed. I just carried out a search on the forum and the search results had an Amazon advert down the right hand side - with Amazon results for my search query! Is this another feature?

View attachment 571917
Martin, I get those same adverts (but only when doing a search, as you've found out. We've asked why--still waiting for a response but as said elsewhere, bigger fish to fry at the moment.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
4,050 Posts
Len - Thought as much. Just checking. ;)

Reactions: LeonardoDaBenz

·
Super Moderator (UK)
4,050 Posts
Always worth a check, but prefer a cheque.
And who should I make it payable to, Myk? (everyone else form an orderly queue behind him, please)... ;)

·
Super Moderator (UK)
32,351 Posts
I just need to remember the name on my Cayman account.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts