Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed the adverts at the top of the page here (just below where it has the options for 'Home' 'Forum' 'PhotoGallery' etc) seem to know what you are thinking?

Recently I bought some Hammerite from the internet - the header ads suddenly were for paint. Then I bought a new mobile (cell) SIM card - again the header knew. Now, right this minute it's encouraging me to upgrade my internet package (with my current supplier). Scary how it knows don't you think?!

Well I have worked it out. Derren Brown has been recruited by ebil internet empyrz to rool our brainz! Must obey, must obey, must obey :biglaugh:

S

·
0 Posts
Google ads. Google see what you surf on the internet and then tries to put product in front of you that may be of interest. When you click on the Google banner or link then the site owner earns income.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Just about every site you visit on the internet downloads a cookie [ lines of code ] that track what sites you visit and how often you visit . :hail:

·
Registered
766 Posts
it will be showing all the 171 owners a 172 soon.................
Not me. If it can read my mind it will know that I think the 172 is FUGLY.

Are you listening in there?

Reactions: JonB

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Just about every site you visit on the internet downloads a cookie [ lines of code ] that track what sites you visit and how often you visit . :hail:

I use a clean up program and set my browsers to delete all cookies and history when I exit. Or use Private browsing. Stops all that rubbish downloading :)

S

·
0 Posts
I wish google had something like this for men and the women in their lives...sorry I just couldn't resist! : )

Stacy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.