Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I'm sure you've been following my travails recently......
I'm not computer illiterate but I'm experiencing huge problems.
Please can you
1 fix the forum posting pages so that you can upload multiple images to a thread post both one at a time and by multiple uploads.
2 recommend a suitable app for posting pictures that is quick simple and reliable allowing you to download from your pics, click a link and post the pic straight to your thread easily and simply so the pic appears in the thread rather than a link.
If my problems are due to my hamfistedness please advise where I am going wrong :)

I live in hope....
TonyS

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
remember that ipad/iphone on pics makes all of them image.jpg and then proceeds to overwrite previous if another pic is uploaded which is why some have issues with multiple uploads

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Curro
Blue icon is PB for IPad, almost unusable, locks up as soon as you select a photo, only resolved by closing down the app or switching off iPad.
White icon is PB for iPhone, worked ok up to a point on my iPad 2 won't pic up my photos on iPad air2 at all......
Suggest you look at the other thread before responding.
Best
TonyS

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a thought....

UPDATE
Bizarre
PB website has all my pics! If I log in I can access all my photos, pick up a link and paste it straight in and the pic appears on the thread! Yay!
It would seem the problems lie with the apps......
maybe this is the way forward....?
TonyS

TonyS

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
do you guys go into advanced posting mode when attaching images? or stay in the quick post?

It should be easier doing that.

Lee
Advanced posting mode when attaching images although, as has already been mentioned, that doesn't work from an iPhone or iPad when you want to attach more than one image. I know the issue is down to iOS (because it names every image you attach as image.jpg), but that's why Tony is looking for a workable alternative solution (from the iPad).

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I googled Photobucket and went to their main website, then I logged in there.
All my pics were there, picked one, clicked on the link and pasted it and voila!
The fault lies in the APPS I think....
Still, that worked so I'll try it to see if it's oK.....at least it may be a solution. :))
TonyS

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I googled Photobucket and went to their main website, then I logged in there.
All my pics were there, picked one, clicked on the link and pasted it and voila!
The fault lies in the APPS I think....
Still, that worked so I'll try it to see if it's oK.....at least it may be a solution. :))
TonyS
That's bizarre!... while looking into this issue, I tried going to the Photobucket website on my iPad, logged in, and couldn't get it to display my photos there (using Safari on the iPad - I didn't try it in any other browser though).

Good news is that you've found something that works for you... the strange thing is that on my iPad Air2 I get different results to you, even when using Photobucket (for example, using the iPhone app on the iPad now works great for me)!

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dave
The word is indeed "bizarre"!
No idea what's going on but I'll try the same method tomorrow and if it works that'll do!
At least until Admin get to the bottom of this.....
TonyS

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took this a few minutes ago....and uploaded to PB site online.

BTW that's my old Rover P6 3500S at Castle Combe in the pic full on at Quarry Corner holding off a Triumph Stag, Plenty of body roll, but what a great car, I absolutely loved it :x

Hope it works!
TS

UPDATE
YAAAAY. :laugh:
Seems to work fine. 0:)
Don't ask me why we're all getting such different problems and results with Photobucket.....but at last I seem to have found a solution to my problem.
Avoid the Apps, just use the main website.
I'll probably just delete the Apps as they never seem to update with IOS and maybe that's the problem?

Best wishes and thanks so much for all your input, tho I suspect this may run a little longer....
TonyS

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Tony, great news, and thanks for the update! :tu:

BTW that's my old Rover P6 3500S at Castle Combe in the pic full on at Quarry Corner holding off a Triumph Stag, Plenty of body roll, but what a great car, I absolutely loved it :x
My "weekend" car is a Westfield SEight... it has the Rover 3.5l V8 in it... so, same engine (I think), but much lighter (at around 620Kg) and definitely far less body roll!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.