Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· *Premium Member
1999 SLK230
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 SLK230 that I have replaced the pressure pump and all worked great for the last 6 months. Now when opening the top, the top gets stuck on the rear cover. It seems the rear cover no longer flips up past the 90 degrees. I can manually move the cover and the top misses it and opens all the way. Closing the top the front edge hits the rear cover and snags.
Fluid level in pump is good.
I added a washer under the top screw holding the rear cover on to give it more angle. It worked for a couple weeks but is now snagging again.
Is there an adjustment to get the rear cover to go up to or past the 90 degree point?
I have looked in all the manuals I can find, but none mention the mechanical movement.
Can someone direct me the the right place to see it there is an adjustment that is not right or tell me what needs to be adjusted.
thanks,
Skindiver

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts
adjustment of roof

this is for r171 but should be very similar to your r170

Attachments

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts

· **Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
9,237 Posts
Also there has been many a thread regarding 2 wee brackets on the underside front of that "shelf" that somehow get bent and affect that particular part of Roof operation !!

I don't have an R170 nearby to photo atm but I'm sure if you use the Forum search function you will find some pictures ;)

· *Premium Member
1999 SLK230
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also there has been many a thread regarding 2 wee brackets on the underside front of that "shelf" that somehow get bent and affect that particular part of Roof operation !!

I don't have an R170 nearby to photo atm but I'm sure if you use the Forum search function you will find some pictures ;)
Thank you Dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts