Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as the title suggests, is there anyone that can add code 428 in the VeDOK database and list the steps for coding, I tried with my local dealer and as soon as I mentioned retro-fitting paddle shift, they didn’t want to know, my car is a 2007 slk200 5g.

Much appreciated
Roger

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
798 Posts
Hi guys, as the title suggests, is there anyone that can add code 428 in the VeDOK database and list the steps for coding, I tried with my local dealer and as soon as I mentioned retro-fitting paddle shift, they didn’t want to know, my car is a 2007 slk200 5g.

Much appreciated
Roger
Hi Roger,
I don’t think the 5 speed box needs coding, have you tried fitting the wheel yet?
My thread here tells you how I did it with a 7speed box
https://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/398681-retro-fit-gear-shift-buttons-onto-steering-wheel.html
Also this might help.
https://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/531005-paddle-shift-activation.html

Mike.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
560 Posts
Hi Roger

I’ve got a 2007 SLK200 and I was lucky enough to score a wheel with paddles off one of the Forum members. Took the wheel down to my Indy and he fitted it for me. The wiring was already in place and the paddles worked straight away. I too have tried to have the code entered into Vedoc, but I have been told by several people, including my MB dealer, that the 5 speed box can’t be coded for manual (I stand to be corrected from a Forum member who’s reading this). The paddles work OK, it just doesn’t have the ‘M’ functionality. When driving though, I can drop it down a gear going using the paddles and accelerate through the gears as needed. Hope this helps. Cheers - PhilD

·
Lifetime 2007 slk 350
27 Posts
Hi

I am having a similar problem with the coding.

I have contacted 2 dealers to add the coding but on each occasion it has not taken place.

does anyone have a contact at a dealership in the uk that can help me with it being added on ?

Alternatively, having just acquired a xentry system ,( and now in a steep learning curve,) can any one tell me how I can code the steering wheel myself.

many thanks

Jeremy

·
798 Posts
Hi

I am having a similar problem with the coding.

I have contacted 2 dealers to add the coding but on each occasion it has not taken place.

does anyone have a contact at a dealership in the uk that can help me with it being added on ?

Alternatively, having just acquired a xentry system ,( and now in a steep learning curve,) can any one tell me how I can code the steering wheel myself.

many thanks

Jeremy
Hi,
It sounds like you’re doing the right thing and is what I did to get the paddles working.
https://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/398681-retro-fit-gear-shift-buttons-onto-steering-wheel.html

I called MB, went through to the parts dept and asked them to add option 428 to my car, giving them the VIN number.
There doesn’t seem to be a way of checking it’s been done before going to get the coding downloaded to the car.
I used Star Autos in Reading (I know this is miles away for you) but they only charged me £25 and also upgraded the gearbox firmware while they were at it! I can’t recommend them enough.
Mike.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,630 Posts
@mike350 I know I must have to much free time on my hands but I dug out your original datacard attached and I checked the latest version also attached and option 428 has been added.

Attachments

·
798 Posts
@mike350 I know I must have to much free time on my hands but I dug out your original datacard attached and I checked the latest version also attached and option 428 has been added.
Hi Martin,
You’re correct ... you do have far too much time on your hands :wink:

That’s really interesting as I requested the coding to be added by MB, checked about 3 weeks later - nothing
Went to Star Autos and they ran the update - all working
I then checked my card again about 6 to 8 weeks later and still nothing!

So... there must be 2 systems and the one we query tacks MUCH longer to get updated!

Thanks for checking and I’ll save this into my cars folder :smile:

·
Lifetime 2007 slk 350
27 Posts
Hi

don't suppose you can check mine as well just on the off chance they have managed to add it to mine ?

many thanks

Jeremy

·
798 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts