Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I decided to follow SoCalBeachRunner's lead and install a video interface to my head unit this summer. I attached a backup cam, dash cam, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and smartphone mirroring capabilities. The video shows me demonstrating the upgrades in conjunction with a previous bluetooth upgrade I did.

I have been meaning to post a rudimentary tutorial on the install for some time now. For now I'll just say that the installation wasn't very difficult. Other than learning that the cheap dashcam I bought for $20 stops recording after the memory card is full, I am very happy with the setup. I'll be asking Santa for a dash cam that is the same size as the one I have installed so that it remains invisible.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
please post the installation. I can't find any way to install my head unit to an after market because I have the same one that you have.
Thank you
:D

who you asking? the op? AjarnMichael?

use the 'quote' button at the bottom of any post

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
What TPMS did you get? I’ve got an AppRadio 4, and I’m looking for a good TPMS that will work with it.
who u asking? op? :D

please use the 'quote' button at the bottom of any post so we know who u r asking or referencing :D

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
50 Posts
What TPMS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAx12hHBm_I

I decided to follow SoCalBeachRunner's lead and install a video interface to my head unit this summer. I attached a backup cam, dash cam, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and smartphone mirroring capabilities. The video shows me demonstrating the upgrades in conjunction with a previous bluetooth upgrade I did.

I have been meaning to post a rudimentary tutorial on the install for some time now. For now I'll just say that the installation wasn't very difficult. Other than learning that the cheap dashcam I bought for $20 stops recording after the memory card is full, I am very happy with the setup. I'll be asking Santa for a dash cam that is the same size as the one I have installed so that it remains invisible.
What TPMS did you get? I’ve got an AppRadio 4, and I’m looking for a good TPMS that will work with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.