Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

How easy is it to retro fit the 6 CD Changer unit to the Audio 20 Head Unit. My car didn't come with the CD changer (I don't think one has ever been fitted) but I do see the CD changers on Ebay for reasonable prices. Are the R170 and R171 changers the same or would I need to make sure I only purchased the one specific to the R171?

Is it a relatively easy job ie are all the power cables and necessary audio cables already there in the wiring loom or is it something that takes a lot of effort to fit. Would I need to purchase any additional cabling to make the changer unit fit?

I hate auto wiring and if its not a relatively simple task I will probably forget about doing and save myself a few pounds as well from not purchasing one of the changers

Cheers,

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,266 Posts
Hi,

How easy is it to retro fit the 6 CD Changer unit to the Audio 20 Head Unit. My car didn't come with the CD changer (I don't think one has ever been fitted) but I do see the CD changers on Ebay for reasonable prices. Are the R170 and R171 changers the same or would I need to make sure I only purchased the one specific to the R171?

Is it a relatively easy job ie are all the power cables and necessary audio cables already there in the wiring loom or is it something that takes a lot of effort to fit. Would I need to purchase any additional cabling to make the changer unit fit?

I hate auto wiring and if its not a relatively simple task I will probably forget about doing and save myself a few pounds as well from not purchasing one of the changers

Cheers,

Are the R170 and R171 changers the same or would I need to make sure I only purchased the one specific to the R171?
They are different.

I think you will need an optical cable and maybe (I'm not sure) a wire loom for the power.
Easy and you hate auto wiring???? Hmmm.... read the docs and judge for yourself. I have a gut feeling you will save yourself a few pounds........>:D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AMwkees1n43bAxX_uczdoAVhUdmUnGAo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts