Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
sure, that works, or i'd really like to try hwy 2 in the la canada/flintridge area. another great vid Tom. that road looked like a lot of fun. more high speed stuff that the switchbacks in glendora.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be great when Hwy 39 would open up the Hwy 2, as far as I know, it's still closed.

Here's some other ideas

Start: La Canada Flintridge
End: Azusa
110 miles
Highway 2 starting at La Canada Flintridge, pass through Three points, Cedar Springs, Big Pine, Wrightwood, and Cajon Junction (Interstate 15), then freeway to Azusa (40 miles).

End: Tujunga
40 miles
Highway 2 starting at La Canada Flintridge, left on Angeles Forest Hwy, left on Big Tujunga Canyon Road, end in Tujunga.

End: Lake View Terrace
75 miles
Highway 2 starting at La Canada Flintridge, left on Angeles Forest Hwy, through Hidden Springs then left on Sierra Hwy. Serra Hwy left onto Soledad Canyon Rd, Soledad Canyon Rd left onto Sand Canyon Rd then merge into Little Tujunda Canyon Rd through Indian Springs and end in Lake View Terrace.

Any more ideas out their.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just as a heads up, Angeles Crest Highway/Highway 2 does not go all the way through to Wrightwood. It is closed near the top and has been closed for some time I believe.

Angeles Forest Highway is a nice road, but I much prefer Angeles Crest Highway or highway 2. Little Tujunga is a nice road, but you would have to take the freeway to get to that road. Little Tujunga by itself would be enough driving, so I'd leave that for another day.

For another option, I enjoy going up Angeles Crest, then making the turnoff to Mt. Wilson. The road up to Mt. Wilson is a good deal tighter than the rest of Angeles Crest, so it gives a little variety. Also the top of Mt. Wilson has a great view, along with plenty of space to park and take pics. From there, I like to continue up Angeles Crest for a lunch at a restaurant called Newcombs. From there, you can simply make your way back down, or you have the option of taking upper big tujunga and trying out Angeles Forest Hwy. As mentioned, you will see patrols on this road, especially on weekends.

I've organized a few Angeles Crest drives with various car groups, and this is normally the route I take.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts