Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know what the option number is for active park assist, with parktronic ?

the sales guy told me that my vehicle was fitted with active park assist, but for the life in me, I can only get park assist, not the active park, where it controls the steering.

cheers

kev

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,906 Posts

·
94,906 Posts
230 parking guidance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jbanks15,

thank you for that, yes I have option 230, listed as parktronic with guidance, active park assist, is different as it takes over the steering input, I think from watching utube vids.

·
94,906 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
@khblackburrn - I don't think it exists as standard or an option on the SLC. It is not on my 43 or, is it in the 2018 brochure for the car. I think you are chasing an error by the dealership saying you have this. I will stand corrected but, everything is listed as Parktronic with parking guidance. It will tell you how to move the wheel and use pedals but, wont actually park it.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,437 Posts
jbanks15,

thank you for that, yes I have option 230, listed as parktronic with guidance, active park assist, is different as it takes over the steering input, I think from watching utube vids.
I don't see that you have asked for a data card yet per Jeff's link. Is it in your bill of sale, just verbal from the salesman or ........

Primary reason I'm asking is that according to MB USA active park assist seems to be only available on the CLA Class.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/technology/videos/detail/title-claclass/videoId-d165b63245537410VgnVCM100000ccec1e35RCRD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, it was the sales guy who said it had it, but my data card only says parking guidance ( not active assist ). Just thought I was missing out.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
220 is parktronic which beeps on objects in the way
229 is park assist which hints on suitable parking spots, the car does the steering, you handle the brakes and accelerator
230 is park guidance which does hints in the display when to turn left or right, you do the steering

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,824 Posts
I have option 230 (Parking Guidance) but have never used it. To be frank I never knew I had it until I read this thread and looked at my datacard.

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
333 Posts
ditto, just checked, I have 230 and never knew I had it. Now, must have another look at my datacard and see what else I have that I don't know about......

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,440 Posts
I really have that much power? I keep wondering why the Prius’s are passing me all the time.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I've got SFA except a reversing camera that I just don't trust even though I paid an extra £300 for it.
Just can't beat sticking the old noggin out the window or opening the door to make sure I parked straight!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts