Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, back once again with a dumb question.

After replacing my water pump today On my 2001 320, I was filling her up back with coolant and could hear the coolant gushing back out. When I saw from where it was leaking from I noticed it was from the oil cooler fitting, which the original water pump did not have, everything else was perfect and exactly the same.

Don’t ask how I did not notice, i just......didn’t. I saw that it said it would fit my 2001 SLK 320 so I went ahead and purchased it.

Any ideas on what I should do? Would I be able to just plug the fitting and continue like normal or is this more of a hassle than i thought? Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
879 Posts
Hi guys, back once again with a dumb question.

After replacing my water pump today On my 2001 320, I was filling her up back with coolant and could hear the coolant gushing back out. When I saw from where it was leaking from I noticed it was from the oil cooler fitting, which the original water pump did not have, everything else was perfect and exactly the same.

Don’t ask how I did not notice, i just......didn’t. I saw that it said it would fit my 2001 SLK 320 so I went ahead and purchased it.

Any ideas on what I should do? Would I be able to just plug the fitting and continue like normal or is this more of a hassle than i thought? Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

I would just cap it.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
627 Posts
I fitted one of these too, because it was the only one my spares shop could get. They gave me a rubber cap and hose clamp with it, which only lasted about two years before giving up - it wasn't reinforced. Much better (as I then did) is to get 3" or so of coolant hose, fit it on the outlet you don't need and plug the hose with a brass plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts