Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum.
Could anybody please tell me if there is a standard modification to bring the accelerator pedal closer to the seat as my wife is only 4 foot 10 she is having dificulty operating the accelerator pedal comfortably any long journey is out of the question as she has to have her leg fully outstreched to operate the pedal.
I have had a look at the way the pedal is sitting and thought about just replacing the pedal with a longer pedal and fixing it to the floor as oposed to the bracket the original one is fixed to.
Has anyone tried this and had a favourable result? I would appreciate any ideas or links to modifications please dont send any links to "pedalpushers" because that is an unsatifactory product.
Thanks in advance
Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accelerator Pedal

Welcome from NE England - what type of SLK - R170/71? Is the cruise control no good for her?
Hi Woolly,
Thanks for your reply
It is the 170, the cruise control would be good but the wife is a bit warey of it so I was thinking more of a modification.
I have a couple of ideas in mind and I'll try and figure out which will be best.
If it works I'll put up a post incase anyone else is having the same problem.
Thanks again
Paul

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

Reactions: paultwebster

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details,vehicle.
If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome PaulTWebster. Is there a way to modify the vehicle where the throttle control is mounted on a stick (similar to what they do for disabled persons/paraplegics)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Eddy
I just wanted a simple mod mate so I think I'll be moving the pedal back a couple of inches and extending the the accelerator arm
Cheers

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had the exact same issue as my wife couldnt reach the pedal on our w210 and was similar height or lack of it. Basically i dismantled the organ pedal and fitted an aluminium spacer (flat plate) under the pedal face so it couldnt be seen. - 8 years ago now so memory fading a bit. It worked fine and no one ever noticed including me or the guy i sold it too. Need to knock it up yourself of course

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.