Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320 Wizard of ID
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that I have to push the accelerator down about 1/4 inch or so before the throttle opens. Is there an adjustment for this?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
clara,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Never heard of resetting the Throttle. Without me having to get my book out of the car... can you tell me what that does?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tried this tip- doesnt seem to make any difference. My pedal has probably only an 1/8 of an inch travel so it's minor but does make for not the smoothest driving at times considering mines a manual.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I posted this earlier on Benzworld, I guess the throttle (and auto trannie shiftpoint) reset isn't that widely known:

The 5 speed auto in our R170s is a 722.6 mercedes trannie. An advanced adaptive training program for the 722.6 is found in the W210 stickies (link below). I can't promise the ECU performs exactly the same in the W210 as in the R170, but you can try the reset and re-programming procdeure and see if you like the results:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210...our-22-6x.html

Reset procedure from the above link:

1- With and already "warmed-up" vehicle (ie. tranny fluid 80C), find a quiet strech of road and "Reset" the ECU by closing doors, turn key to position "2", hold the accelerator all the way to the floor and HOLD for AT LEAST 5 seconds. Turn key OFF, but DON'T take it out of the ignition. Also DON'T open doors. Wait AT LEAST 2 Minutes

·
Registered
843 Posts
Does it still work if the road isn't quiet?

Hahaha! I just copied what was in the link :biglaugh:

I think it is in preparation for the adaptive shift learning procedure that follows in the link, but maybe some ECU's need peace and quiet to erase what they had previously learned...

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
114 Posts
on a 3-series I had, you could adjust the throttle cable...tightened it so there would be less slack when opening throttle...and lighter pulleys helped the response rate too...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.