Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stinky car and suspect that the ac drain is clogged and pooling water that is getting skunky. Also the windows fog real quickly when the blower is turned on. I changed the cabin air filter weeks ago and it did not help. Today I used BG FrigiFresh (?) and sprayed it in the outside air intake, removed the filter and blower motor cover and sprayed it in there with the ac running. It seemed to help. BUT, I never get any water on the ground when the AC is running. I suspect the drain is clogged but do not know where to look for it since there is no spot of water on the ground to locate above on the car where it is coming from. Where is the stupid drain???:confused:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
until someone replies, did you try a search, top right?

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
from milesofsmiles:

The box that contains the AC evaporator core straddles the transmission hump right behind the radio and as a result of the shape of the saddle-shaped bottom, there are two drain tubes. Underneath the car approximately beneath the radio and on either side of the propshaft, the drain tubes look like two black pinched straws coming through the floor. You can carefully prod them (remember there's a very expensive and fragile evaporator and heater core on the other side) or put a wet/dry vac on it to see if it's holding water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts