Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Those have been great days on the track real drivers real clutch pedals and no schnick schnack.... just good racing.:smile::smile:

Way back when, one of the only chances to discover some of the amazing racing cars outside of F1 and rallying (at least on TV in the UK), was when I would drag my parents into a local toy shop to gawp at the amazing array of model and remote-controlled cars.

Having travelled to said shops in the back of a Mk1 V6 Capri, I naturally had a huge desire to own one of my own. And what better example than the wild and extravagant Zakspeed Group 5 Fords? From the picture adorning the top of the Tamiya model box, to peering through (at all angles) the plastic window of the toy car packaging, those wild designs captured my imagination like none other. Much to the annoyance of my father, I would pester him to “do-up” his car in the same color schemes (thankfully he didn’t take it seriously and instead stuck with the red and obligatory black bonnet scheme on his street-driven Capri). I would then return home to take a paint brush or a set felt tips to my toy cars, trying to replicate the colors and patterns of the famous Würth and Mampe liveries.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/abstract-simple-psychedelic-these-were-the-liveries-of-the-zakspeed-ford-capris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts