Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
were wheel(s) recently off the ground like on a lift just before you got it?

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Have you driven it since they worked on it and gotten the light? At lest a mile or so?

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Reason is mine came on after car was on lift and wheels were spun with engine on
Esp comes on because computer thinks you lost touch with road

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I had exactly that same error a while ago, after the battery had got a little low (several back-to-back short journeys after it and been standing for a while, plus SmartTop use for each journey too, during the summer)... after driving it for a few miles the error went away, and hasn't returned since. :D

Edit: If I remember correctly, I couldn't use cruise/speed limiter while I had the error too.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
It could also be any one of the sensors which feed data to the ABS/ESP computer. As noted above, a session with STAR will clarify things. The lateral acceleration sensor and brake pedal sensor are common failure points and not terribly expensive to replace. I've had both go out on my C230; the brake pedal switch has gone out twice in the 15+ years I've owned the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I've driven the car around 300km since repairs were donedone and light appeared. I'll have to take it in again to get a diagnosis done. Hopefully it's just a sensor

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
i was going to suggest a reset
disconnect battery (neg cable) minimum of 30 minutes
reconnect cable
reset clock and synch window travel
see if esp light out now :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.