Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a place to send my old ABS MCU to have it checked out. I contacted "Myairbag" and they don't have the relays to repair this MB Module. Below are the details of my situation. Looking for direction on the right way to go.
I have a 1999 Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor VIN WDBKK47F7XF143750 and when I bought it in Oct 2014 the ABS & BAS ASR lights were on. In looking at the pump I noticed that the wires from the MCU to the motor were missing the insulation like they had overheated.
I bought an identical unit off of eBay and changed them out. The new/used unit is not working. The brakes work fine as they always did, but the antilock never did and still don't. I had a mechanic clear the code but it still did not work and the light came on the first time I pressed the brakes. He said he noticed a CAN code and said that he thought I would have to reprogram the new module. He said I would have to buy a session from Mercedes and reprogram the computer with the old and new MCU numbers.
Before I go that route I thought I would check with you to see if in fact my old module is the reason for the wiring issue. I didn't want to hook it up to the new pump and hydraulic block because I thought it might fry the new motor.
Below are the numbers off of the 2 units and they are the same except for the K number at the bottom left side.
Old unit: (I attached a picture of the old unit)
ATC
A 003 431 03 12
MCU ETS
10.0990-1327.2 3X2254
*K3U9G07C10* 608

New unit:
ATC
A 003 431 03 12
MCU ETS
10.0990-1327.2 3X2254
*K3U8D24F57* 608

Both motors have the same numbers:
ASR/ETS
A 003 431 0312 K4
10.024-0163.4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I added a picture of my old module. I opened it up to see if a blown solder joint caused the motor wires to overheat. Everything looks good.
Next step is to hook it up and see if it works with the new/used block & motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.