Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I had looked up some old threads on Saturday after experiencing an ABS/BAS/ESP fail when getting car out of garage. :(

Thought I would share some info which may or may not be of interest to anyone having brake/roof problems - I had the ABS /BAS/ESP lights etc on the dash.. plus I straight away also noticed that my roof had stuck in closed position and no automatic locking of doors when driving. Since I often clean the roof mechanism etc with silicon spray I thought that I might have over done the maintenance . I was on the verge of having battery tested as to be honest, I don't often use my car, just small infrequent journeys mainly. But instead went to see my parents mechanic who has diagnostic kits and read the error codes... I have in the past often been hands on with various mechanical issues but diagnostics on modern cars is tough , so in case was of any help wanted to share my recent SLK problems this weekend and the cure.

The codes that came up referred to the passenger front wheel sensor, so if anyone has the exact problems above, ie ABS/ESP/BAS light, loss of roof operation and central locking when driving- may be worth noting. The floor mounted brake light switch seems a likely cause of issues does it not? for similar fails.. So if I had a repeat of problems I would swap that part out but I very much hope that I don't get a repeat of the ABS lights etc.. a horrible experience having a non working roof, even if I rarely use the roof down!!

Modern cars eh? So much to go wrong. Ive had mine for 18 months and thus far until this weekend, no problems. Hope no more!! Would be very happy to not have any further dashboard lights!!!

Kevin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.