Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys & Girls,

I am about to purchase my dream bike (hopefully this week, just need to negotiate on the price) a ducati (848).

I can't decide on the colour so need to see people's opinion whether red or white looks better (I wish I can have both :( )

My heart was set on white till I test rode a red one and now I can't decide :(

Here are some pictures to help you guys out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Do I actually need to type the word??:)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
sweet, very nice, ducati's like ferrari's needs to come in red

·
Registered
986 Posts
If you get anything other than red I will campaign for an ignore feature on this website purely for the purposes of ensuring that as I far as I am concerned you do not exist.

Buying that bike in white is a crime against style, passion, history and engineering all in one go.

I'll admit the white looks nice, but it will look dirty and bland and on a bike with you covering most of it. It will look like you damaged the bodywork and have not got round to getting it resprayed after getting a repair.

A red duke is an icon. Please don't buy half an icon.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
if it's your first ducati, it needs to be red. if you have lot's of other ducatis, get white to be different! (i didn't even know they came in other colours! LOL)

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Do I actually need to type the word??:)
:biglaugh: ... that's funny.

I'm not a bike person so take this for what it's worth. Normally, I would go for the color that isn't what everyone else is driving (or riding in this case). But, looking at the pics, I have to agree with the majority and say red. It just looks better than the white.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
RED please.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it would seem no one single person thought white was good haha :). I do agree the red stands out more and white will get dirty faster....

Hmmm decision, one of the reason I wanted white is so I could be different to all the rest of the ducati owners :)

and yes they do come in different colour :) they also come in yellow and black on the other model.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
try posting pix of the 4 colors with the bike at the same profile and do a poll.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bike that I am getting only comes in red and white

but the bigger brother of it 1098 and 1198 come in yellow and black.

How do I make a poll?

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
sweet, very nice, ducati's like ferrari's needs to come in red
i told him the same thing. i also thought "not red" was silver but it's actually pearl white. however, since rey said he's planning on going for the black/white theme with carbon fiber parts, i'm changing my mind to the white...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.