Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Its a good system for what it is.

Not as good as the traditional system but then trying to balance a car on air never would be as effective.

But its not something that will make you want to rip your head off so don't panic about it, unless you thrash or track the car it wont cause you a problem.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
You can have the ride done sportier, such as lowering it with either a REnntech module or Kleemann. I had my experience with ABC Suspension If you keep it in Airmatic DC2 is the best as the ride will be sportier and less chance of bodyroll in regular settings.

Honeslty, you will like the SL such a nice car and torquey for a 4vavle 388hp engine.

D

·
0 Posts
To save a little money you can also have the dealer lower the car using DAS and that won't bypass the safety systems like adding modules does.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
To save a little money you can also have the dealer lower the car using DAS and that won't bypass the safety systems like adding modules does.
Yeah,I heared about that too!. Honestly I dont know if the folks at the dealer over here can lower it with that system.

D

·
0 Posts
I lowered mine with the DAS it was fine about it you cant lower it as much as the lowering modules do for safety reasons but you can get it just right for most people.

And you can tune every corner just right so you can compensate for the weight distribution, some people have the drivers side slightly higher than the passengers then when they get in the car sits level because the system wont normally compensate for such small changes.

Just remember Gene the ABC system de-pressurizes when the pump is offline so when your park your car make sure it sits with all 4 wheels on a level surface and that there are no overhanging curbs because a common problem is people parking with the nose for example hanging over a curb the car is shut down and the pump stops the system then slowly loses its pressure and the nose is dumped onto the curb.

It does not do much damage as the car lowers slowly but it can leave some nasty scratches and has been known to push panels out of alignment if they are left taking weight for too long.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question ? Dan referred to air system --- mine is hydralic I have raised it to max height and it doesn't seem to fall at all after 2 days in the garage --- book says that this system has 68% less body roll than standard susp., and when in the sport mode has around 95% less body roll.
Have tried to find out about the air ride but can't seem to locate any info , is this hydralic system new in the last 3 years

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry Gene,

Was thinking about the wrong cars.

The airmatic system lowers the car down when its shut off not the abc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.