Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my 1 day old SLK in a car park at a pub while taking a break during my 1st road trip - at the far end of the car park, no its own of course.

When i came out after a mug of coffee and a bag of cheese and onion, to my horror, there was a mini-bus load of clumsy teen ramblers piling out the side door, complete with boots, packed lunches and ruck-sacs!!

They didn't see my concern, but fortunately caused no damage.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,254 Posts
whew!!!! i park so far at walmart, i have to take a shuttle bus!!!

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,920 Posts
I do the same thing. One time at a WalMart in Phoenix area I found a nice spot, curb on one side, far enough out that no one would want to make the trek, and my Grandson says "can you park any further out Grandpa?". I looked to my left and said "yes" at which point I realized my Grandson had a sarcastic streak. lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, those are my favorite parking spots too! I always look for the spot way out next to a curb - at least keep someone off one side of you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Parking is an art for sure.

I try to park well away from people, but I also try not to park too far out and in the open where you draw too much attention to the car. Next to curbs are great spots.

Fortunately I haven't had too much trouble with parking incidents. I still would like to find the guy who dinged my last car though. I swear that is why they make trunks big enough to fit golf clubs, just in case you need one...

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
The only good thing about having a blown out knee is HandiCap Parking Sticker.
Same here A blue badge for parking is about the only benefit of a disability if you dont mind the abuse when they see you park an SLK in a disabled parking bay

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Challenge does not go to WalMart...ever! The big truck is fairly impervious to damage and provides an enhanced view of those classic WalMart customers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.