Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK32 AMG
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished work quite early and then after a quick stop decided it was time I really tested the car around some country lanes.

First part of the drive was uneventful really, flashed an oncoming R171/2 (couldn't tell due to the speed and being a novice) pretty female driver though, top up, believe it or not on an afternoon like today; Mine was down enjoying the glorious sunshine.

The later part of the drive was when it got interesting; I came onto a roundabout and just before the second exit this silver car (A Kia - I think Optima - the way it was moving behind probably a 2.0 turbo 245hp) swiftly moved off behind me. We ripped the road in front, him chasing me all the way, many parts I out accelerated (may have been the 1.6l 178 hp). He never got to overtake me, not for want of trying, however on one corner I learned why the SLK has roll bars, I think I was on 2.5 wheels for about 1-2 seconds before righting it. The adrenaline buzz was amazing.

Ended up behind a slow moving Skoda another 4-5 miles down the road with no chance of overtaking sadly.

Serious rush though, really great drive. Still learning what she can do; this car; but it's very, very fun.

Happy SLK'ing,

RLander

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
110 Posts
Starting back in the 60's (1960's) I never drove any faster than than the car or bike I had at the time Would go. But not much less if I could get away with it and. It helped to have friends on the other side at times. I have spent my life with fast things.

My spouse is damaged, she likes to ride in our fast cars, but hates to fly with me. The A/C keeps falling upside down. It is much safer up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.