Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm Buster and I'm new to the forum.

As I'm typing this I am 30 years old. When I was 18-25 I've been riding streetbikes as a hobby. From the very beginning I enjoyed having the feeling of openess that the bikes provided. As time passed, I started to get bored with them so I started to learn how to stunt (doing wheelies, stoppies, etc.). There had been many close calls. I had a few friends that got into major accidents and I quickly reflected on what the hell I was doing. I ended up selling my bikes because I was fearing for my life. The bikes I went through were; Yamaha R6, Kawasaki 750rr(older bike), and a Ninja 636.

Drove a old beat up Dodge Neon for a few years. The jobs I landed didn't pay very well so I had to settle for a 2004 Dodge Neon. I had a mortgage and other bills that were more important than toys. Luckily around the time I turned 28 I was recommended a job from a good friend of mine and I ended up getting it.

I had a meeting with the owner of the company at a bar. As we talked about work related things, he later asked "if you had a choice, what car would you want to get?" I told my boss I wanted an SLK. I always wanted one but I never had the good credit to be able to afford a load. It was a strange question to ask, I thought to myself. But whatever...

Now I had some extra money flowing around. I missed the openess feeling of riding a bike. I talked myself out of it, because knowing me, I would end up stunting again. So I decided to get a Honda S2000. I loved it a lot. It was a fun car to drive. I enjoyed taking it out on my days off to just cruise. The gear box is the most perfect thing I've ever shifted. The car was lowered to where the rears were cambered. Expensive xxr rims, $3k j's racing exhaust, and some N/A engine mods.

I've had the s2000 for over a year. It was a 2000 model and had 115k miles on it and i started to see light stress on the top canopy. I thought to myself, this thing is going to rip soon. I should sell this and start saving up for an SLK because that metal roof is the tits.

After I sold the s2000, I get a call from my boss and asks me if I wanted to get rid of the Dodge Neon. I said sure, and he offered to give me a 1998 Lexus gs400. I think it's a beautiful car and it drove very well. I've had this for a little over a year and it was lovely to not have to pay a monthly bill.

Just a few days ago, I get a text message from my boss saying, "I found a 2005 Blk/Blk SLK 350 with 30k miles, interested or too old?". I replied, "haha, that's the gen that I wanted!". Boss replies, "awesome, ok going to close on the car".

I am blessed that things happened the way they did. I still can't believe it. The car drives like a dream and I can't stop thinking about it. (I only drove it twice).

·
* Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,472 Posts
WARNING: driving the SLK can be habit-forming !!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Welcome to SLK World from the South of England and I hope you enjoy the SLK.

Reactions: Buster

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,454 Posts
Hi Buster, welcome from Washington, DC.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,251 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
15,205 Posts
Hi and welcome from central Florida.

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.

Marykay
Florida Event Coordinator

·
* Premium 2006 SLK280
1,235 Posts
Welcome from California.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,411 Posts
Hi Buster, and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
13,314 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,555 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

You'll fit right in here. We love to hear about SLK's :)

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Buster! From coast of North Carolina.
I was on assignment for 6 months in Taiwan in 2000. My American coworker caught me cycling the vario roof by clicking on the car on the MB website, and I told him that I had to have one, but not for 44 grand. Skip forward a few years.....I'm back in the U.S. working on a Sunday morning at a big oil and gas facility. The same coworker comes into my office with the Sunday paper ads, with a pic of a silver SLK Sport Ed....99...5spd. He showed me the ad, and the rest is history!! Enjoy! Marty

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
902 Posts
I quickly reflected on what the hell I was doing.
Sounds like you learned the difference between education and wisdom...Grasshopper.
Welcome

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.