Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post today's trip in the 'top-down' thread but it led me to think about another SLK as a 'beater'. Something I wouldn't mind abusing now and then. My current ride is (to me) a beautiful example I hesitate to abuse or hot-rod. Maybe I'll look for a something that can take an occasional kick-and-jerk ride through the town. Anybody else get that same bug?

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
77 Posts
Funny i got my slk55 as a daily driver so i wouldn't run up the miles on my '02 z06 vette with 11k miles. It's way too nice to be called a beater though.

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
349 Posts
If you have money and space the world is more than happy to fill up that space, as in it won't stop with one more "beater" car. Didn't work well for me, bought a nice one (not MB or SLK), bought a beater, another beater, and lost focus between nice car and beater hot rod car. Attempting now to put the focus back on hot rodding the nice car, which time and nature has generously made less nice.

I don't dare mess with the wife's SLK, keeping it stock and happy expensive enough.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,241 Posts
Done this with bikes and didn't work.
Couldn't put the toy down long enough for the beater to come out.

SLKwise I had a solution handed to me.
The wife bought a 350 :|
:surprise::laugh:>:D

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
349 Posts
Beat around car easily defined by where you would be willing to park it, ie next to well dented pickup.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,519 Posts
Beat around car easily defined by where you would be willing to park it, ie next to well dented pickup.
or in the 'closest to the entrance' parking spot in a Walmart or Home Depot
parking lot :surprise:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts