Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys and gals, it's been a real pleasure, however due to an impending divorce and reduced income in my field, I have found that I am unable to responsibly keep my SLK.

Currently, I have a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport and of course, my baby, the 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350. Due to conditions and nature of a divorce, I will be ending up with both cars, however I have found that I can't actually afford to keep up the payments one of them. Since I own a business that sometimes requires transport of many goods and I ferry people around on occasion, I have no choice but to give up the SLK. I will be selling her as soon as the divorce settles and I can really figure how to manage things...

I have found a love for this forum, the community, and the people in it. Each one of you, regardless if I've ever met you in person or only have read one of your posts, are my friends. I thank you all for the great times, the great laughs, and the immense amounts of information. Without a doubt, as has been stated in many other threads, the SLKWorld.com forum is bar far the best, friendliest and most fun car forum out there. Nothing else compares. I have joined more cruises than I ever did with my previous cars, enjoyed myself a lot more and found out what being bit by the modding bug is REALLY like. For that, I thank you all.

Again, I'm at a slight loss for words right now but know that I will miss joining the cruises and getting my bumper smashed up again. I will still hover around the website a while and offer any help I can.

It's been fun, and remember, Keep drivin'! :burnout:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,324 Posts
Sorry to hear that and wish you the best of luck!

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,161 Posts
Best of luck. Get a new wife with a lot of money. Then come back with a NEW SLK ;-)

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Shame you have to lose your SLK. Doesn't mean you have to lose your SLKworld friends too! Stick around, you never know you may get a chance to have another SLK one day..

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad news. Look on the bright side, this forum is always here to cheer you up if needed. Once you have your life sorted out, you can still get back into a SLK.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Sorry to "hear" the news...been there, done that...been there, done that(no I'm NOT stuttering ;)). And as been stated, you don't have to leave SLKW...DO stay around as you have much to share(although I DO understand. I traded my MR2 Spyder in for my SLK, and don't plan on visiting those sites as I have way too much to learn about my SLK).

Hang in there...

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:(Always sad to hear bad news. I wish you the best of luck and hope that things work out for the best. You don't need a SLK to participate here. Check out my signature.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Dang dude, very sorry to hear this. And all this just as you have the car looking as good as it does now...

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Very sad to learn about this. Please do hang around as often as you wish.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
My condolences on the very unfortunate situation. Best of luck in the future, on or off the forum.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Aaron, sorry to hear about the slight "bumps" in your life. Been there, done that, as many others have also. You'll learn and grow from this experience. Stick around in the forum, consider this your "transitional" period, like when the car was in the shop.
Take care and do stay in touch.

Peter

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
wow, very sorry to hear about the bad news, don't worry, you are still young! Stick around and keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have been through that myself. I know what you are going through mate.
Make sure you save for your next SLK. I got a brand new one one year after I saw the back of my ex. Easier to save without her around...
All the best and I am sure we will hear good news from you once things have settled down

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.