Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have made the transition from Porsche to Mercedes-Benz. I have driven Porsches since I was 16, and now I am officially stepping over to a 2006 SLK55. I had a 2002 E55 last summer, and it was a blast to drive! I manage a small Mercedes-Benz dealership in NW Indiana, so I am obviously "drinking the MB koolaid"!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome BradSLK55(IN).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Don't feel too bad. Overtook a lot of Porsche's this weekend at the track. They were not too happy. MB is trying to get a corner against the Porsche/BMW scene, and they have a few winners.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hi and welcome. Glad your here and congratulations on the SLK 55. From time to time, you'll see negative posts regarding the dealers. We would be interested in hearing some of your comments and perspective from the dealers point of view. We all want the same thing, professional, competent service from our dealers.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Welcome! U have a great job! A sea of Mercedes all around you!!! COOL.

I'd drive a different one to lunch everyday!!! LOL

SLKman

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Greetings from Atlanta and congrats. Hey, isn't Orvil the popcorn guy from your town? IIRC.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! Yep, Orville is from Valpo. Yes I would love to give you feedback from the dealerships point of view, you will probably be very surprised. I have some of the same concerns and issues with customers. So we can probably gain some clarity on that one. Still waiting on my 55 to arrive, but I did spend some time behind the wheel of the new 09 SLK55 today at the lot...nice, but it has not been updated as much as the SLK300.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only a few more days, and the 55 will arrive! I am getting so very anxious. I have all my detailing equipment ready to go!

·
19,400 Posts
Only a few more days, and the 55 will arrive! I am getting so very anxious. I have all my detailing equipment ready to go!
I think most of us know exactly how you feel.

Make a list of the mods you want to do and keep reading the different how-to's. Suggestions are: Green Air Filters, mod R170 ant, SmartTop roof module.
Don't forget to take and post photos.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It already has the Green filters, the antenna and cupholder tray I ordered today, I am looking for the smart top deal, I will read more about that and probably do it as well.

·
19,400 Posts
It already has the Green filters, the antenna and cupholder tray I ordered today, I am looking for the smart top deal, I will read more about that and probably do it as well.
IIRC, it should come with the cupholder tray (although it is in a bad location just above the COMAND), unless it's a EuroSpec model or previous owner changed out the cupholder tray.

I agree in terms of doing more research. SmartTop function makes an already awesome vehicle a big head-turner especially with remote function from afar using RF signals, and roof operation with vehicle in motion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, I WANT the cupholder tray over the cupholders (Iphone spot). I just don't drink (anything) and drive. I can get a bottle-holder to sit on the seat or floor on the passenger side.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.