Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!

I don't know how, but I've lost a small cover for a bolt in the A pillar.
I've marked the piece with a red circle in the following photo (not my SLK :) ):
(click to see the photo)

Does anybody know the part number for that cover? I visited the dealer twice and they are not calling be back with a solution.

I have to see a hole everyday when I go into the car...

Thank you so muuuch!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reference!
Only one more question (I'll look for the part number to try to find it in Europe):

Right and Left are from the driver's perspective or looking the front of the car?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
curro101 Do you know if that pars can be bought online in any spanish or, at least, european website? Do they come painted or I need to paint it?

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
If you can get an actual reference , post it , it may be available here . Normally the part will not come painted , primed at best i would imagine .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm tired to wait for the dealer. I ordered the piece 2 months ago.

So, I decided to buy the cover at getmercedesparts.com and paint it if necessary, but I realized they don't send anything to Europe :(

Do you know any other parts website where I can buy the damn "molding cap" or "bolt cover" for the A-pillar?

I can't believe the dealer is so bad and how difficult is to find mercedes parts in Europe or even a serial number!

Thank you so much!!!
Regards.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
If you can send me you vin number by PM I think I can find the part reference for you and possibly ask my local Mercedes if they can get it ?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
he needs 3 more posts to pm anyone but a mod. so he can send it to me and i will send it to you or he can:

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
94,192 Posts
email yes..... never a hassle for me

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've seen your PM curro.

Thank you so much to all of you. I'm sorry to disturb you with anything else than a search while sitting in front of your computer.

If I can't get the part number I'll go to the dealer, ask for it and order the stupid cap in other dealer.

jbanks15 You are faster than a lightning!!

If at any time we met, I'm going to pay as many beer as you can drink!!!!!! :)

·
94,192 Posts
I drink a lot!

·
94,192 Posts
post your vin and we can at least get you the part number and your datacard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
curro101 Which year is your car? Is the original R171 or the restyling? If it's the original and you can use the VIN number of your car.

I need to go to the parking and it's later than 11PM right now. I can go tomorrow :)

In reference to my other question: Do you know any other parts website that sends orders to Europe?

Thanks and more thanks again!!

·
94,192 Posts
someone will post a european parts site. it was posted a little while ago

1 - 20 of 32 Posts