Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 1999 slk230-sold
15,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah, today was the perfect day here in the South West to drive with the top down 68 to 71 at night in the hight dessert and 89 to 91 during the day between Phoenix and Las Vegas Beautiful blue sky with light wind . Just the perfect day we all are waiting for out here in Az and Nv after a long hard summer after 277 days of temps above 100 +. I saw several Mb conv. but only one dropped the top. A driver in an silver R170 more power to him the rest of them probably just cranked the A/c so the hair won,t get messy. I could not drop my top since i spend another 11 hours behind the wheel of my Semi, well i could but i could not find a bridge that was low enuff to shave off the top on the Semi. R)Sorry kids i just wanted to share this completly useless information because it really was the perfect day here in the SouthWest to go topless.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Jealous! ...from washington DC. In the last few weeks, I've been able to put the top down twice. Between rain and highs in the mid 50's... I feel like I should just go ahead and park it for the winter now. No fun. Enjoy it!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Pfffft - windy, cloudy, rainy and chilly in London. Wind and chill I can live with, but the rain is a bit much.

Also - sunset today was at 4:26 :(

·
Registered
766 Posts
Got to agree, the weather in the south west has been great for the last ten days or so.

Since arriving in Vegas ten days ago we've done 1200 miles and every one of them top down except last Saturday when Tioga Pass was closed by overnight snow and it was a 7 hour diversion to the north and 4 of those hours top up in rain and snow over Kit Carson Pass at 8350 feet and 33 degrees F.

Since Yosemite we've had 4 great top down days in San Francisco, and today today we're in Carmel.

I said top down, but unfortunately not in an SLK this time, but the closest I could get in a rental:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Pfffft - windy, cloudy, rainy and chilly in London. Wind and chill I can live with, but the rain is a bit much.

Also - sunset today was at 4:26 :(

i'll remind myself of this as I complain about our sunset getting earlier and earlier. Dont think its ever that early in the states... atleast, not in Kansas City or Washington DC (to my knowledge).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts