Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Having been a long time car enthusiast, (well not really, just since I got my first Mustang GT) I've been slowly modding my cars and improving performance and eventually looks. The Mustang community has many enthusiast magazines and clubs. What I'm currently looking for is any info on Mercedes specific magazines (preferably AMG vehicles and especially SLK oriented stuff) and maybe some info on a local club. I'm currently in Georgetown Tx - so anything in the greater Austin Tx area would be good for me. Anyone have any info on either topic ? Input would be greatly appreciated.

F)

-Jumper

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Mercedes Enthusiast is pretty much the only 'regular' benz magazine out there. There are quite a few that come and go. 'Makes and Models' frequently feature modified mercedes.

AMG puts out a magazine for special events (the last issue was for their 40 th anniversary). This was the first English magazine they have published, they may start a regular magazine soon.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Hey gang,

Having been a long time car enthusiast, (well not really, just since I got my first Mustang GT) I've been slowly modding my cars and improving performance and eventually looks. The Mustang community has many enthusiast magazines and clubs. What I'm currently looking for is any info on Mercedes specific magazines (preferably AMG vehicles and especially SLK oriented stuff) and maybe some info on a local club. I'm currently in Georgetown Tx - so anything in the greater Austin Tx area would be good for me. Anyone have any info on either topic ? Input would be greatly appreciated.

F)

-Jumper
:confused:I don't think you'll find what you're looking for. You best bet is here (SLKWorld.com) first and then the other SLK forums. I hardly see another R171 in my area (Virginia), much less a club. I appreciate what you're asking for. Keep looking!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!
I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into those suggestions and see what else I can find.

-Jumper

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Modified Luxury and Exotics is a great magazine.... they usually feature 1-2 modified AMG's every issue.

Hey, thanks much. I'll definately check into that. By the way, is that a Lotus in your avatar? It's hard to say, but it sorta looks like a Lotus Exige.

-Jumper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.