Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help identifying some items. Red arrows point to what I'm needing info on.
First picture is from under the emergency brake handle cover/surround. There is a hose barb on it. What is that for? I also can't find the hose that is supposed to go on it. Where should I look for it?
The second picture shows where that it located in relation to the handle. To the right is up.
The third picture shows a small coax cable with a male connector. I can't find the female connector and coax that should connect to it. Also, what is it for?

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
The nozzle is part of the vacuum system, normally connected to yellow tubing, by the position of it, it's possibly/probably for the arm rest cover lock, so that when you leave the roof down, there's no access to the things in the arm rest once the car's locked...?

The coax cable may have been from a mobile phone installation that was in the car at some point ?

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,187 Posts
Correct - that's the armrest compartment latch for the central locking feature. The hose comes from the rear and you can probably hear it hissing if it's not plugged.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the hose. Some time in the past someone cut it way back. There is about 1 inch showing at the back of the console. There is a splice and then a black hose that comes up the rest of the way. It fell between the seat and the tunnel when I removed the console.
I guess I can not worry about the coax.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.