Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was banging around in eBaY shopping for the next, great SLK when I spotted this. I don't recall ever seeing a green one before...

That has to be about as rare as they come.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
There was a well-equipped White SLK 55 for sale in Virginia. It looked really good on the photos.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
I have seen a C0pper 2001 SLK320 but never a GREEN 2001 SLK320.:)

This is the first one I have seen.:hail:

Thanks
SLKman:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:Is it a factory or Designo color, or aftermarket? Different but not in a good way.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a well-equipped White SLK 55 for sale in Virginia. It looked really good on the photos.
White is first on my list. I've only seen a couple, and I'm biding my time a bit until the scholarship results return for my son. I may have to divert some funds towards his education.... :tu: He's actually doing quite well, but I want to ensure I can afford to send him wherever he needs to go. His older sister is currently on scholarship to the University of Georgia and hasn't cost me a dime. He's looking at West Point and the AF Academy, and if he's successful in getting in one of those places, I may be getting a new SL65!

We've also just taken a partial share of a very nice Cessna (photos later, I promise). That's keeping me satisfied for the moment. I have to admit, though, that I'm becoming very fond of the E Class. I've run across quite a few in my shopping for another SLK. Perhaps that's a sign of my advancing age, but it's quite a nice car for the money...

Time will tell! :biglaugh:

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:confused:Is it a factory or Designo color, or aftermarket? Different but not in a good way.
The ad says designo. I actually think it's original, but it's the only one I've ever seen. It has designo seats...

It IS different, that's for sure...

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's pretty wild actually. Not sure if it fits with an SLK but I give it a thumbs up for being unique.

Personally the extreme colors seem best applied to a Lotus or Lambo.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't recall ever seeing a green one before...

That has to be about as rare as they come.
Whoa, serious apologies to Woolly are in order. I HAVE seen a green one, just not an ELECTRIC designo green one. What was I thinking....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Whoa, serious apologies to Woolly are in order. I HAVE seen a green one, just not an ELECTRIC designo green one. What was I thinking....
ha ha ha ha

and here was me thinking you were being sarcastic Dave?:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Green Designo

I have one and it is a SLK 230 Kompressor. It is disigno Green. It was in the showroom when I bought mine. I get pulled over all the time asking If I painted it myself or if it was custom color. I lived in California and have moved to Texas and the person at MB told me to post pictures here. I have seen some people in San Diego try to match the color afterwards but you can tell it is not factory. I think there was only two sold in San Diego. After a month from purchase Mercedes pulled the color for the dark forest green. I had to get the paint to touch it up special order from Germany. Some people either hate it or love it.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England.

I have one and it is a SLK 230 Kompressor. It is disigno Green. It was in the showroom when I bought mine. I get pulled over all the time asking If I painted it myself or if it was custom color. I lived in California and have moved to Texas and the person at MB told me to post pictures here. I have seen some people in San Diego try to match the color afterwards but you can tell it is not factory. I think there was only two sold in San Diego. After a month from purchase Mercedes pulled the color for the dark forest green. I had to get the paint to touch it up special order from Germany. Some people either hate it or love it.
I specced mine from the local dealer, and picked it up from the factory. At the dealers, they said I was mad - 'nobody wants green - choose a different colour - no one will like it'. When I went to Bremen to pick it up,it was only the 4th green one in the world - called 'Andradite Green' in Europe, 'Everest Green' in the States. In the paint shop in the factory, they loved it - different colour - bit of interest for them as opposed to the silver and black ones. When I got back to the UK everyone loves the colour.

Pls post pics of yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will try to post some pics tomorrow. Even though it is old it still turns heads and I get the same reaction mostly positive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.