Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2013 SLK250 last November and after doing a thorough inspection and emptying of the trunk, I've come to realize that I don't have a jack or the tool kit that goes with it. The flat spare is there (phew!) but no jack. Any idea where I can get one, other than the dealer? AAA is fine but if I'm out of range - I'm S.O.L.

I also had the A Service done recently and the mechanic couldn't reset the sensor that looks like a coffee cup....it's cute and all but I'd like to turn it off.

Then there's the reminder to "close the center console" - it IS closed but I still get this reminder and the mechanic thinks it might require the entire console being replaced...ideas?

I love my little SLK and any help would greatly be appreciated ~

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
I bought my 2013 SLK250 last November and after doing a thorough inspection and emptying of the trunk, I've come to realize that I don't have a jack or the tool kit that goes with it. The flat spare is there (phew!) but no jack. Any idea where I can get one, other than the dealer? AAA is fine but if I'm out of range - I'm S.O.L.
For stuff like that I use car-part.com. Search for something generic that any lot with a SLK will have, like maybe passenger seat, then call them up and ask about the trunk stuff.
Or do a search of "all craigslist" from one of the online sites every couple of days.
Jack Assembly
Mercedes SLK 250JACK ASSYA008316$75Airline Used Auto Parts USA-TX(Houston) Request_Quote 1-800-989-0090 Request_Insurance_Quote

·
Founding Member 2006
108,894 Posts
Under warranty? Take it back to the dealer and say where's my stuff!

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250
354 Posts
The coffee cup is Attention Assist. On our 2015, I can turn it on or off through the onboard computer. The right or left arrow on the steering wheel brings up a menu bar on the center display. Press the right arrow to move through Trip, Navi, Audio, Tel, then Drive Assist. Then use the up or down arrows to highlight Attention Assist. Press OK to activate or deactivate it. You might have been seeing an indicator that Attention Assist was turned off. I don't think there is any display when it's active.

If it's working properly, Attention Assist resets every time you start the car and monitors you and the car for at least 20 minutes before it decides to say anything. The manual explains all the conditions where it works or doesn't.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
232 Posts
Centre console has a push switch.

Hi,
My centre console has a switch, it is a plastic 'thing' that sticks up at the right hand side of the hole where the centre console lid 'bit' goes in when it is closed.
I tried it and it pushes down when the lid is closed and should switch off the warning.
May be worth checking this first as if its broken it will just be a switch you need.
I can take a photo if "thing" and 'bit" are not clear, lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
The coffee cup is Attention Assist. On our 2015, I can turn it on or off through the onboard computer. The right or left arrow on the steering wheel brings up a menu bar on the center display. Press the right arrow to move through Trip, Navi, Audio, Tel, then Drive Assist. Then use the up or down arrows to highlight Attention Assist. Press OK to activate or deactivate it. You might have been seeing an indicator that Attention Assist was turned off. I don't think there is any display when it's active.
It is configurable in the same way on the '13s.

I bet it was an amusing conversation where they decided on the coffee cup icon, but off the top of my head I can't think of a better one for that function.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I remember seeing these instructions in the drivers manual..they worked perfectly. I'm thinking this assist mode is more for my road trips than every day commute.

If it's working properly, Attention Assist resets every time you start the car and monitors you and the car for at least 20 minutes before it decides to say anything. The manual explains all the conditions where it works or doesn't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info - I'll be inspecting the console this weekend to see if the plastic "thing" is broken. My guess is "YES". I don't think whoever had this little car before me, loved it very much...

Hi,
My centre console has a switch, it is a plastic 'thing' that sticks up at the right hand side of the hole where the centre console lid 'bit' goes in when it is closed.
I tried it and it pushes down when the lid is closed and should switch off the warning.
May be worth checking this first as if its broken it will just be a switch you need.
I can take a photo if "thing" and 'bit" are not clear, lol

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,372 Posts
The tire changing tools, jack, compressor, etc. are under the spare tire.
You have to remove the spare from the trunk to get to the tools.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,372 Posts
I hope the spare wheel well is more generous than on the R171, if not enjoy the experience........>:D

TonyS
It's basically the same, a collapsible tire, though it may be a little bit bigger since the R172 comes with 18" wheels standard (at least it does in the US).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.