Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum section to talk about this, but feel free to move it where it fits.

Around the end of October I sold my SLK coilovers to a member with the screen name 'miguelaca' and shipped them via insured UPS to him.

The agreed price was 500 USD.

I sent the coils out to Miguel and received only $200 USD from him via Paypal. He kept telling me how his boss wasn't paying him on time and how he was behind on stuff. I know that this is a classic mistake on my part however I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I do believe that each of us go through hard times at one point or another.

Miguel promised he would send the remaining 300 USD the following monday Nov 5th. That date came and went and no money or reply to calls, emails, texts or PMs here.

If anyone knows this guy please send him a message or give him a call and tell him to do whats right.

If not, at least please steer clear of him when selling your goods.

Thanks

Dan

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,023 Posts
Sorry for your trouble.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
Sorry to hear. I sold this guy a set of my tail light harnesses and had no problems during that transaction.

I have his mailing address in Texas, but then again I'm sure you have the same.

I notice that he stopped signing in to the forum about 3 weeks ago, but he might have spun up a new username that the forum admins can perhaps check.

It really sucks when one forum member takes advantage of the trust of another in this way... :(

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Thanks for posting. I for one will keep an eye out for this gentleman. If he shows up in any of the other for sale threads I will warn the seller via PM. It is sad that people take advantage of others. IMHO if you can afford to drive an SLK you should be able to come up with $300 to pay your debts.

I saw where John met him in Houston with a 3BL Flasher, so at least one of us knows where he lives ! Hopefully he is concerned enough about his reputation on this forum to make things right. Please let us know by posting in this thread if he see the error of his ways and pays you the remaining balance.

·
95,023 Posts
would his email address help?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Sorry to hear that... :-( I hope consciousness will wake up somewhere in this guy and he will pay you the rest. After all, if you want to buy a part then set a side this amount to be on the safe side, right?! And if you don't have money to get the part, then just don't get it... or get another car :-(

·
Long Time Member 2005 SLK350
3,700 Posts
on the plus side it looks like he has bought other things off members b4
so hopefully he will come good again.

if he aint been on the site for a while maybe he is ill ect ? anyone know ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm overwhelmed by the instant support guys!!

thank you very much, I am going to go to UPS tomorrow and grab his number from the initial shipping slip and try to call him from a different number...

if not my next course is the local PD and filing a claim with paypal i suppose...

does anyone know him personally?

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum section to talk about this, but feel free to move it where it fits.

Around the end of October I sold my SLK coilovers to a member with the screen name 'miguelaca' and shipped them via insured UPS to him.

The agreed price was 500 USD.

I sent the coils out to Miguel and received only $200 USD from him via Paypal. He kept telling me how his boss wasn't paying him on time and how he was behind on stuff. I know that this is a classic mistake on my part however I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I do believe that each of us go through hard times at one point or another.

Miguel promised he would send the remaining 300 USD the following monday Nov 5th. That date came and went and no money or reply to calls, emails, texts or PMs here.

If anyone knows this guy please send him a message or give him a call and tell him to do whats right.

If not, at least please steer clear of him when selling your goods.

Thanks

Dan

Sorry to hear that. You should have received full payment before you shipped anything out. Have you tried contacting PayPal? Maybe they can withdraw funds from his account. I guess if you shipped the coilovers to him, you should have this address and number that you can forward to the authorities.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles ! I recently got scamed over an internet buy and it's more the indignation than the money that really gets you ! Makes you wonder what sort of world we live in ?
Did you actually open a dispute with PayPal and escalate it to a claim , you only have 45 days ?
Hope you get it sorted ..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
holy crap, tottly forgot about the coilovers, didnt mean to...just sent the OP a message, will take care of this..sorry everyone
Miguel is right, he has contacted me to arrange for the remaining amount ... all is well now ... thanks to all on the forum who jumped out to lend a hand, makes me wish i still had my slk :rockon:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I just love happy endings !

·
95,023 Posts
Miguel is right, he has contacted me to arrange for the remaining amount ... all is well now ... thanks to all on the forum who jumped out to lend a hand, makes me wish i still had my slk :rockon:
still have your slk? your profile says u do? i miss something?

·
95,023 Posts
Life sure would be easier if I could update everyone's profile, no?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts