Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Drove a CLS AMG. Not bad but honestly too much electronics makes it too tamed and you are too quickly into forbidden speed. This car is not designed for Europe narrow streets and I guess a hot hatch like a Megane RS or a Fiesta ST provides more sensations as a daily driver.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome pictures. I'll bet you had a blast!
Loved it. This is not everyday you can drive a car with 500hp. Almost too powerful. The most powerful car I had the chance to drive before was a 2004 Cadillac DeVille 4.6L V8 with around 300hp. This Cad was some kind of barge which did not like to be pushed too much.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
I hadn't notice the other section (green indicators on your map in the original post) - what is it for, do you know. Great facility. What a super gift.

Did you visit the museum next door? Great place for "motor heads" and aviation fans (Barnes Wallace did much of his work there).

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,803 Posts
I hadn't notice the other section (green indicators on your map in the original post) - what is it for, do you know. Great facility. What a super gift.

The green sections are their off road area, which they describe as "loads of fun", but just not as much as the tracked areas in my opinion!. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
147 Posts
cool... going there on June 14th with a bunch of lads I do sim-racing with.

@OP... did you get a choice of which car to drive round their track? Just wondering as I may book a track experience as well if I can choose something that will make me go 'wow' as I already have the 55 R172 with performance pack on.... and drive it like I stole it through the peaks in the UK.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I went with a mate last Tuesday. I loved it.
Couldn't decide which car to steal. the amazing one beside the entrance or the gullwing 300 upstairs.
Will be going back again,promised another pal a trip there.
Sneaked a few pics on the banked cicuit next to it. my mate is standing upright in the pic to show how steep the banking is. (He nearly fell out when he opened the door to get out!!) :rb

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.