Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 SLK 350. Occasionally my air conditioner quits blowing cold, and blows hot air for about 30 seconds, then the cold air resumes. This happens about 2-3 times each day when the A/C is being used. I have taken it to the dealer three times, however they claim that they have been unable to duplicate the problem. Can anyone help with this.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Bruceste - welcome to the forum from London!

Take a look at page 177 on your owners manual - I suspect what you are experiencing is the automatic air recirculation mode. Basically every 30 minutes when the temperature outside is "high" (yeah, not sure what that means!), the car automatically sucks in some outside air.

I've had this happen on both my C and the 350, but it's never really been "hot" air - just warmer than what was blowing before it "switched" to recirculation mode for a few seconds, and then it seems to get back to the "normal" air temperature.

My 350 is in Louisiana, so I think I notice the humidity when this happens more than the temperature...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. One thing I forgot to mention, is that I always use the recirculation mode. When the A/C starts to blow the hot air the recirculate light goes off and I have to press it again to recirculate. It's like it's resetting itself. I'm in Florida, so the hot air I referred to is actually the 95 deg outside air with no cooling..

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,496 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Where in Florida? As you can see, updating your info will help us all!

I never, never, ever use recirculation mode and i am in Florida. and it will turn off by design. covered in the manual.

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
funny enough this happened to me.. or i think it did.

The outside temp was about 16Cel and i had the ac at around 18Cel.
The windows started to fog just a tade, so i put the defroggers on. THen all it did was blow hot air... i couldn't see a thing on the highway.

I shut that down quickly and then brought the cabin temp down to "Lo" and it did drop the cabin temp but the AC was not on. So I had to turn off the unit and then back on. AC started to work again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.