Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have been battling roof issues, I have replaced the motor / pump , roofs goes down no problem except rear windows stay up. There is no sound from the motors. I changed the rear window fuse but no effect. When the roof is fully down, the light flashes and it won't come back up. I am thinking it maybe the "roof down" switch by passenger headrest and I was thinking maybe the same switch triggers the retraction of Windows? I cannot see any other reason for both rear windows not retracting.
I haven't stripped out this switch yet, can anybody advise the exact sequence of retraction?
Has anybody else had this problem?

I just bought my slk , it makes me smile every time I look at it and drive it. It's not in great shape , but I am planning to give it another chance.......

Thanks
Trevor

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,048 Posts
Interesting - so if the roof is closed, and you pull the switch back, the boot lid starts moving before the rear quarter windows lower?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i thought maybe the rear windows were the last to retract. From what you are asking it seems they are one of the first. That changes me thought process. So are the windows supposed to go down at the start of the procedure, ie at same time as door windows? Also , the roof switch flashes constantly.... plus the warning buzzer goes off so maybe one of the other switches is faulty. Any thoughts. Note also when the roof is down it wont come back up. i have to do it manually. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.