Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in a heat wave right now.

Yesterday we took a ride York Harbor, Me. Temp hit 93F on the way up, got stuck in traffic on Rt1 so we put on the AC, didn't have to put the top up.

Had lunch at the York Harbor Inn. When we sat down in the AC'ed room could almost see the heat coming off my arms.

After lunch we spent a couple hours in the park across the street, sitting in the shade, with the sea breeze started to get chilly.

When we left temp said 86F but didn't take long to rise to 99/100F where it stayed almost all the way home. Kept the AC on and the top down. Trip was about 2 1/2 hrs each way.

would have been really nice if the airscarf also blew cold air.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
would have been really nice if the airscarf also blew cold air.

I have had the same thought many times. When you look at the design of the system, though, it would take a really elegant solution to work. Unfortunately for us heat is a lot more self contained and easy to provide than cool.

But maybe in the future those M-B engineers will come up with something.

Next time take some pictures on your trip and share them. We love pictures of Scenery & SLK's !

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had the same thought many times. When you look at the design of the system, though, it would take a really elegant solution to work. Unfortunately for us heat is a lot more self contained and easy to provide than cool.

But maybe in the future those M-B engineers will come up with something.

Next time take some pictures on your trip and share them. We love pictures of Scenery & SLK's !
don't remember which auto manufacturer it is, but seem to recall someone has an option where they pump AC thru the seat.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
as Reb has said, no pictures it didn't happen! Please take some snaps next time. We now have the basics for picnics on board at all times...

Fond memories of that area when I had motorcycles - last time was with Mrs on our Goldwing. Maybe it's time to go back!?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
you mind giving us back our heat? it was 95 yesterday here and on Saturday about 103-109 depending on where you were. Now it's frikn 70 degrees here - brrrrr

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as Reb has said, no pictures it didn't happen! Please take some snaps next time. We now have the basics for picnics on board at all times...

Fond memories of that area when I had motorcycles - last time was with Mrs on our Goldwing. Maybe it's time to go back!?
they've repaved part of 103 but are still working some construction on the east bound side. They've also repaved part of 1A in York at the end of Long Beach and into York, also some traffic pattern changes. The Rt 1 bridge is closed. doing some work on 1A in Portsmouth, there's a detour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts